Electrical Engineering Internship – May 1, 2017 – April 27, 2018
Website Rodan Energy Solutions
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING INTERNSHIP – 12 MONTHS
Duration: May 1, 2017 – April 28, 2018
Location: Mississauga, ON
We currently have an opening for an Electrical Engineering student based out of our head office in Mississauga. Reporting to the Manager, Engineering, this is a 12-month internship with the possibility of a repeat placement for the right individual.
About the Position:
The Electrical Engineering team is responsible for the technical and regulatory compliance of various wholesale electricity market programs and consulting services provided to electricity distribution utilities. This position will support the wholesale metering division of the group.
Through this position, the successful candidate will be exposed to day-to-day operations of the high voltage power system, functioning of the power markets, design aspects of power distribution systems, electrical safety and distribution automation.
- Perform electrical calculations involving transformer and line losses, electrical data analysis and maintain and update the wholesale revenue metering repository.
- Assist engineers with projects of greater complexity.
- Provide general technical support including research, analysis and data gathering.
- Lead term projects focused on improving engineering process efficiencies.
- Provide drafting support to the Engineering department.
- Create process flowcharts for typical engineering projects and procedures.
- Produce quality technical reports.
- Complete other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in their 3rd or 4th year of a 4 year electrical engineering degree program (BASc).
- Prior background in power systems, such as basic electrical theory, interpreting electrical single line and wiring drawings, voltage drop calculations and a working understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts.
- Prior experience in a power systems role would be an asset.
- Preference will be given to those candidates who wish to pursue a career in power systems.
- Energetic self-motivated individual with demonstrable critical reasoning, initiative and strong theoretical background.
- Advanced knowledge of analysis using Microsoft Excel, MS Access and/ or other database tools will be an asset.
- Knowledge or proficiency in AutoCAD or other drafting software will be a valuable asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
To apply please submit your cover letter, resume and transcript all under 1 attachment by:
Wednesday March 8, 2017
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://rodanhr.rodanpower.com/symfony/web/index.php/recruitmentApply/applyVacancy/id/18 →