Meter Data Management (MDMS)
Rodan Energy Solutions provides our clients with Meter Data Management solutions (MDMS) such as metering systems, data management and information access services through the practical application of metering, communication and information systems technologies. Gain insight into your energy spend, track market pricing and peak load times. Review monthly summaries on peaks and settlements, verify statements and invoices via a single, user friendly application. Start implementing demand management strategies to control costs across facilities.
All organizations depend on their people to make sound business decisions based on reliable information. For an organization to be truly effective in the management of energy all those so tasked must have ongoing and timely access to a singular, comprehensive source of quality energy flow information.
Our MDMS Services
We provide our clients with metering system, data management and information access services through the practical application of metering, communication and information systems technologies.
Metering Systems (Measure)
It all starts with the meter! Whether it is a revenue-certified metering system, a simple energy pulse recorder, or a specialized metering scheme, we have the technical expertise and experience required to design, construct, install, test, operate and maintain the system.
Design, Construction & Installation
- Standard and custom designed metering systems.
- Complex metering system support (current summation, transformer/line loss compensation, multi-port/protocol communications, analog/pulse signals, custom i/o, …).
- Full standards compliance (CSA, Measurement Canada, local regulatory,…).
- System commissioning and installation inspection audits.
Test & Troubleshoot
- Full meter re-verification (re-calibration and re-sealing) and in-situ testing management.
- Troubleshoot, identify and resolve metering system problems.
Data Management (Process)
The value of your meter’s data cannot be fully realized unless it can be collected, validated, processed and stored in a manner that will make it reliable and readily available. We manage your data with the due care and attention it requires using our sophisticated revenue-grade metering data management systems and processes.
- Manage all systems and operational processes required to complete the on-going acquisition of energy data from remote metering systems.
- Identify and report any energy data anomalies that indicate possible metering system problems.
- Manage all data validation systems and operational processes required to verify the quantity and quality of the energy data acquired from remote metering systems.
- Complete and document any energy data estimation and editing processes that may be required in the event of a meter or communications system failure.
- Complete all processes required to aggregate or otherwise effect the complex algorithmic manipulation of energy data to produce virtual (calculated) energy data sets.
- Store and backup all metering data to ensure that it remains a persistent and available information source.
Information Access (Present)
The information derived from metering data is a fundamental input for those involved in any aspect of energy management within an organization. It is therefore critical that they all have easy, on-going and timely access to that information. We present this energy information to our clients through flexible data delivery mechanisms and innovative data access applications.
- Format energy data into standardized or custom data file structures.
- Deliver energy data files to the client’s internal systems or designated external agents via the Internet.
- Provide access to historical real and virtual (calculated) metering point energy data in tabular, graphical and report formats through intuitive, powerful Internet-served applications.
- Allow direct export of all data and reports for further off-line analysis or down-stream processing.
Rodan provides transmission direct-connected and large industrial-sector power users with the critical services that are vital to meet measurement standards and grid requirements for the financial settlement at their point of interconnection with the transmission grid. Additional services are available to enable organizations to manage their internal energy consumption and settlement functions.
Examples: downstream oil and gas processing facilities, pulp and paper mills, steel foundries…
Examples: single wind turbines, large wind farm, biomass and waste heat recovery facilities, run-of-river hydro facility, industrial cogeneration facility, large utility coal-fired plants,…
Examples: municipalities, transmission and distribution utilities, energy retailers, regulated agencies,…
Meter Data Management