Director Legal and Regulatory Affairs
Rodan Energy is “Making Sustainable Attainable” and seeking a skilled corporate lawyer with strong advocacy skills to join the leadership team of our growing and innovative business.
If you are an ambitious, curious, hard-working and business savvy lawyer, this is an exciting opportunity for you to join Rodan Energy – an organization recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row.
Rodan Energy is a leading North American provider of energy solutions to large energy consumers, distributors, and power producers. Our solutions help build a sustainable energy future while reducing energy costs and optimizing the power grid.
We are seeking a Director of Legal and Regulatory Affairs with general corporate law experience to be responsible for Rodan’s legal, advocacy and risk management activities.
Reporting to the CEO and a member of the Management Team, this role will be expected to:
- Lead all legal matters and stakeholder advocacy for the company in both Canada and the US.
- Identify strategic opportunities for the business by maintaining an entrepreneurial, business-minded perspective
- Draft, negotiate, review, and interpret complex commercial agreements and RFPs.
- Oversee legal aspects of transactions, including financings, mergers and acquisitions, and joint venture structuring.
- Support the human resources team on employment law and policies, including advising on health and safety and employee benefits matters.
- Lead and coordinate risk management and compliance efforts in all the markets where Rodan operates, including developing policies and procedures; managing insurance coverage; and working with energy regulators, agencies, system operators and utilities.
- Provide accurate, efficient, and timely legal support to business stakeholders and colleagues in all functional areas of the business.
- Keep the legal and governance records of all Rodan Energy companies up to date.
- Engage and oversee external counsel as required.
- Qualified lawyer with a J.D. or LL.B. degree from a top tier Canadian or American university and in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a corporate/commercial practice, in a top-tier law firm and/or in-house environment.
- Knowledge of the electricity markets and technology sectors is an asset.
- Sound legal and business judgement to make effective decisions and problem solve.
- Positive, professional team player who is a self-starter and can work independently, reliably, and efficiently.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with all levels of staff, independent contractors and outside parties.
- Demonstrated advocacy skills to lead policy development discussions with government, agencies and industry associations.
If you are looking for an innovative, entrepreneurial and dynamic company at which to build a great career in an exciting industry, Rodan Energy is the place for you. Don’t delay! Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and the position will be filled when we find the right candidate. Please provide: (i) a cover letter which highlights why you would be a great fit for Rodan; (ii) your resume; and (iii) a representative list of transactions or other matters which you’ve advised on.
Rodan Energy offers a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package.
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone. Full COVID-19 vaccination is a required pre-employment condition.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.