Rodan Energy is a leading North American provider of solutions that helps our customers meet their goal of having a reliable, sustainable supply of power. Together, we are making sustainable, attainable!
Join Rodan to be part of a growing and innovative industry. Rodan was recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row! This is a terrific place to learn and grow in your career and be part of a positive work environment. We offer rewarding careers and foster a collaborative culture where employees can produce their best work and reach their full potential.
To fuel our expansion and drive market success, we have an exciting opportunity available for a Financial Controller.
Reporting into the VP, Finance & Business Performance, you will lead accounting operations, supported by a team of four direct reports. You are a highly valued team member that collaborates across all departments, lines of business and regions. The incumbent will apply their expertise in finance, accounting, and business processes to help all Rodan teams operate seamlessly.
The successful candidate will encourage and empower the team, develop efficiencies in processes, and be a finance partner to senior management.
Rodan fosters a culture that promotes health and wellness and encourages work-life balance. This is a flexible hybrid role where you are required to work both remotely and in person depending on business needs. You will be required to work at our Corporate HQ in Mississauga a minimum of 2 days per week to attend and participate in workshops, projects, or team meetings.
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, banking and month end close activities
- Coach and motivate the accounting team, planning all work activities and reviewing key outputs to ensure timely and accurate completion
- Deliver meaningful profitability analysis and develop the underlying systems and processes to collect this information, including job costing and G&A cost allocation
- Review account reconciliations, payment runs, vendor bills and customer invoices
- Prepare complex journal entries, including those related to intercompany transactions, foreign currencies, work-in-process assets, job costing and cost allocation
- Prepare and review aspects of external reporting, including consolidation, bank reporting and annual financial statements
- Take a leading role in the annual budgeting and deliver internal reporting to the Leadership Team on business performance
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and implement solutions, including automation to enable scale
- Perform financial analysis to support new business opportunities and strategic objectives
- Manage the annual external audit process
- Work with external advisors to ensure tax compliance, including corporate tax and sales tax
- Support and lead special projects
- Administer the QuickBooks financial system and related tools and applications
- Develop, maintain and implement accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with ASPE and strong internal controls
Due to the growth of Rodan, you must be willing to turn your hand to other tasks depending on business needs.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Post-secondary education in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Canadian CPA designation required
- Knowledgeable of ASPE and/or IFRS standards
- 5+ years of finance and accounting experience, including experience working professional services and industry
- Strong experience with accounting software and systems, such as acting in administrator or super-user roles
- Extensive experience with month end close activities, accounting and financial reporting
- Experience supervising and training direct reports (AP, AR, general accounting)
- Experience working across departments to drive process improvement and automation
- Exposure to budgeting, financial analysis, tax compliance, and treasury activities
- Intermediate or higher Excel skills with experience using Excel for analysis and reporting
- Experience with the electricity industry, project-based construction/technical services business, and/or software-as-a-service
- Proven leadership and relationship management skills and experience
- Professional presentation skills
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity, diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality
- Knowledge of the energy industry and business development experience is an asset or willingness to acquire industry knowledge a must
What RODAN has to offer:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience + incentive bonus plan
- Health benefits after probationary period (medical, dental, vision, health care spending, life insurance, LTD, AD&D)
- 3 weeks vacation
- RRSP annual contribution top up
- Employee assistance program (24/7 benefits to address problems that are personal or work related ie. psychological, financial, legal and parental support services)
- Teledoc (24/7 access to Doctors by phone, video or app)
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, applicants must confirm that they are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19. If Applicants are not Fully Vaccinated, they will be asked to identify any accommodation needs pursuant to a protected ground under the Code. If no such accommodation is identified, the Applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start your career here to help build a sustainable energy future!
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.