IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (IN-OFFICE)
Location: Mississauga, ON
If you are an ambitious, curious and hard-working, this is an exciting new opportunity for you to join the Rodan Energy team – an organization that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row.
Rodan Energy is a top North American energy services company, quickly growing to serve our clients across North America. We are a leader in distributed energy resource asset optimization, demand response, energy management and intelligence systems, and power systems engineering and metering services. Our innovative solutions are designed for large commercial and industrial energy users as well as power distribution and generation companies. We focus on minimizing energy costs while maximizing efficiencies and corporate sustainability for our clients. Our goal is a sustainable energy future.
We have an opportunity for an IT Support Specialist to join our Mississauga team. Reporting to the Senior System Administrator, the IT Support Specialist is responsible for user support, maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems.
- Carry out IT helpdesk support, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Prepare IT equipment for new employees.
- Maintain IT equipment inventory.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Conduct capacity and storage planning and take action when needs exceed capacity limits
- Contact and follow-up with IT vendors on issues and SLA breaches
- Assist with maintaining and supporting Azure, AWS (and other cloud providers) infrastructure
- Monitor and provide reporting on system performance
- Provide support to application delivery projects on infrastructure matters
- Create and maintain technical procedures and solutions documentation
- Identify and implement solutions aimed at improving processes that involve the support of our clients
- Administer and support user management and access level controls.
- Optimize and maintain infrastructure by evaluating performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput and latency
- Support the provisioning, procurement and management of software license new/renewals and hardware
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Other duties are required by management
- Post-secondary education from an accredited college or university in a technical support related discipline and/or a minimum of one-year prior work experience
- 3-5 years of IT support or system administration
- Proficient in MS Office and Windows OS
- Fundamental technical troubleshooting skills
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Server. Active Directory, Desktop and Network Environments.
- Has working knowledge of VMWare vSphere, vCenter, ESXi. Azure and AWS
- Rodan offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefit package.
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Valid proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a required pre-employment condition.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.