Rodan Energy is a leading North American provider of solutions that help our customers meet their goal of having a reliable, sustainable supply of power. Together, we are making sustainable, attainable!
Join Rodan to be part of a growing and innovative industry. Rodan was recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row! This is a terrific place to learn and grow in your career and be part of a positive work environment. We offer rewarding careers and foster a collaborative culture where employees can produce their best work and reach their full potential.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Junior Designer Co-Op Student to help your career development in the industry.
Reporting to the Director, North American Marketing, you will be responsible for creating engaging designs according to requirements. You will help shape and revamp the business’s digital footprint. In this role, you should be highly creative and have a sharp eye for detail. Your goal will be to create impactful designs that capture and promote our company vision on the web, in digital campaigns, on social, and in business documentation.
Rodan fosters a culture that promotes health and wellness and encourages work-life balance. This is a flexible hybrid role where you are required to work both remotely and in person depending on business needs. You will be required to work at our Corporate HQ in Mississauga a minimum of 2 days per week to attend and participate in workshops, projects, or team meetings.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- Participating in various design projects from concept to completion
- Producing drafts, prototypes and engaging design solutions.
- Listening to feedback to hone skills and improve design
- Understand project requirements and concepts
- Produce final design solutions (like logos, icons, web banners, infographics, brochures, and interfaces)
- Basic video editing.
- Pitch creative ideas
- Collaborate with team members to launch projects
- Take on special design tasks
- Experience with design software and familiarity with Adobe design studio
- Understanding of visual elements (layout, type and fonts)
- A keen eye for detail
Nice to have:
- Experience with web development & blogs (WordPress)
- Experience with video editing and digital storytelling
- Social posting proficiency
To apply, please submit a resume and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Universities online portal by the deadline for the summer 2023 term.
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, applicants must confirm that they are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19. If Applicants are not Fully Vaccinated, they will be asked to identify any accommodation needs pursuant to a protected ground under the Code. If no such accommodation is identified, the Applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start your career here to help build a sustainable energy future!