Rodan Energy is a leading North American provider of solutions that help our customers meet their goal of having a reliable, sustainable supply of power. Together, we are making sustainable, attainable!
Rodan was recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row! This is a terrific place to learn and grow in your career. Our team of energy analysts, engineers, and metering experts, combined with our industry-leading energy intelligence software platforms, are helping energy users and power companies navigate the energy transition.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Meter Technician on a full-time, permanent basis. Reporting to the Manager, Operations & Field Services, the role will be responsible for installing and maintaining metering and other energy management systems. We currently have opportunities in the GTA and the role will require some local travel.
This role will start your career in helping build a sustainable energy future!
Ideally suited to those with MEARIE or equivalent experience.
- Provide technical services in the areas of electrical systems, metering, power systems and energy management services
- Install, test, and commission retail and wholesale metering systems
- Complete all types of maintenance work on retail and wholesale metering installations
- Able to manage projects with minimal supervision to completion
- Ensure safe work procedures are followed at all times
- Maintain client communications, safety and work documentation
- Follow operating procedures and practices to support Rodan in ensuring compliance and reporting requirements of federal, provincial and local regulations
- Completed or working towards Journeyperson Meter Technician Certification or equivalent
- Background in electrical power distribution, metering, protection and control or electrical systems
- Valid Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s License, driver’s insurance and an excellent driving record
- First Aid and CPR certificates and knowledge of EUSA and the OHSA are an assets
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively complete tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
- Knowledge of and experience with computer software such as Microsoft Office and meter specific software
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Health benefits after probationary period (medical, dental, vision, health care spending, life insurance, LTD, AD&D,)
- 3 weeks vacation
- RRSP annual contribution top up
- Employee assistance program (24/7 benefits to address problems that are personal or work related ie. psychological, financial, legal and parental support services)
- Teledoc (24/7 access to Doctors by phone, video or app)
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, applicants must confirm that they are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19.. If Applicants are not Fully Vaccinated, they will be asked to identify any accommodation needs pursuant to a protected ground under the Code. If no such accommodation is identified, the Applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.