OPERATIONS TECHNICIANS – CASUAL
Location: GREATER TORONTO AREA
Join the Rodan team – a great place to work in an exciting and innovative industry! That is why we have been recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers and are the leading provider of metering, distributed energy and energy intelligence solutions in Canada.
Rodan’s Operations Technicians have a unique opportunity of directly supporting our Meter Technicians and at times working independently on tasks such as meter change outs. Working with our Meter Technicians and the technical field team, you will experience the intricacies of commercial, industrial and wholesale metering. These positions are available as needed and will require some local travel. Ideally suited for experienced retirees looking for casual work.
- 2nd person supporting Meter Technician’s in on-site field work
- Supporting Meter Technicians with administrative tasks including completing seal logs, drawing updates, etc.
- Working alone for assigned tasks on-site such as meter change outs, troubleshooting meter communications and downloading metered data
- Testing equipment management and re-calibration
- Deliveries and pickup to and from job sites
- Other tasks as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 442A Industrial Electrician Certificate, 309A Construction & Maintenance Certificate or post-secondary degree from an accredited college or university in a related technical field, e.g. Electrical Engineering/Technologist/Technician
- Experience in a utility/meter service industry or a field technician based environment is a plus
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient with MS Office, particularly Excel, and the ability to learn and operate new software platforms
- Knowledge of electrical principals, terminology and safety practices
- Valid Class G Ontario driver’s license and proof of insurance
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Valid proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a required pre-employment condition.
To apply for this job please visit canada.easyapply.co.