Rodan Energy is a leading North American provider of solutions that help our customers meet their goal of having a reliable, sustainable supply of power. Together, we are making sustainable, attainable!
Join Rodan to be part of a growing and innovative industry. Rodan was recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row! This is a terrific place to learn and grow in your career and be part of a positive work environment. We offer rewarding careers and foster a collaborative culture where employees can produce their best work and reach their full potential.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Process Automation, Analyst CO-OP Student to help your career development in the industry.
Reporting to the Lead Analyst, Canadian Markets, you will support internal process improvement and automation efforts. You will have the opportunity to work with the leaders of our Market Operations team to design, develop and implement automation and reporting solutions, including end-user computer tools, that increase the efficiency of current processes. This is a unique, project-based role, focused on ensuring Rodan Energy’s existing systems and applications are being used efficiently and effectively. You will be exposed to a wide range of company activities and software applications.
Rodan fosters a culture that promotes health and wellness and encourages work-life balance. This is a flexible hybrid role where you are required to work both remotely and in person depending on business needs. You will be required to work at our Corporate HQ in Mississauga a minimum of 2 days per week to attend and participate in workshops, projects, or team meetings.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- Support the design, development, and implementation of automation and reporting solutions, including end-user computing tools, to increase the efficiency of existing processes
- Engage in the discovery process with team leaders to understand the pain points in existing processes and desired improvements
- Assess the risk associated with automation and reporting solutions, including end-user computing tools, and plan measures to manage this risk
- Analyze and organize data from existing systems to facilitate process improvement and automation
- Document existing and improved business processes, including flow charts and procedure documents, so that team members can understand, refine and execute the processes
- Research and test new or unused functionalities of existing systems and software applications, including All Call Systems, Database Solutions, and Microsoft 365 tools
- Currently enrolled 3rd or 4th year of a 4-year computer engineering or software program and registered in the university’s co-op program
- Energetic, self-motivated and curious – you go the extra step to move projects forward and ask lots of questions
- Proven ability to learn new software applications quickly
- Experience or exposure to the design, development and implementation of end user computing tools via scripting, batch files, PowerShell or other automation tools as required within a Microsoft Windows environment
- Experience or exposure to the administration of software applications, including supporting upgrades, testing, and documentation
- Experience or exposure to business concepts, data analysis, risk assessment, process mapping and documentation
- Advanced Excel skills, including developing VBA based macros, and demonstratable skills in at least one of: MatLab, SQL or Python.
- Experience or knowledge of the energy sector is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
To apply, please submit a resume and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the University online portal by the deadline for the summer 2023 term.
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, applicants must confirm that they are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19. If Applicants are not Fully Vaccinated, they will be asked to identify any accommodation needs pursuant to a protected ground under the Code. If no such accommodation is identified, the Applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start your career here to help build a sustainable energy future!