If you are an ambitious, curious and seasoned analyst, this is an exciting new opportunity for you to join the Rodan Energy team – an organization that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row.
Rodan Energy is a leading North American provider of energy solutions to large energy consumers, distributors, and power producers. Our innovative data and technology driven solutions reduce energy costs for customers and help them navigate the energy transition. Together, we make sustainable, attainable.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Mississauga team. The Senior Financial Analyst is the bridge between Rodan Energy’s Finance team and the Business Development and Operations functions of the company. Reporting directly to the VP, Finance & Business Performance, you are the go-to person for special projects requiring multi-disciplinary analysis. You learn quickly, are process-oriented and an Excel expert, with strong attention to detail. You are knowledgeable and passionate about the energy industry, eager to become an industry expert and support a sustainable energy future.
**This is a flex hybrid role, requiring approximately 2 days in our Mississauga office and 3 days remotely**
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver monthly reporting and analysis on sales results and calculate quarterly sales commissions to drive sales growth
- Own project profitability reporting, including the preparation of profitability reports for lines of business and customer projects, analysis of results and communication of insights to sales and operations teams
- Lead the annual corporate budgeting process, working directly with the Leadership Team, and support monthly forecast updates
- Take a leading role in the administration of software used for data collection, including finance, time tracking and sales systems (QuickBooks, Journyx, Salesforce)
- Leverage Power BI tools to turn data into insight, tracking financial and operational metrics
- Analyze processes across the company plus recommend and implement improvements
- Complete ad-hoc financial analysis and tool development to support all areas of the business
- Support and lead special projects
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in business, including courses in finance and accounting
- 3 – 5 years experience in a financial analyst or similar role
- Advanced Excel skills and experience using Excel for data analysis, modeling and reporting
- Intermediate (or higher) Power BI skills with experience using Power Query and Power Pivot
- Experience developing formal reports, models and presentations that are professional and tailored to users needs
- Experience reviewing, assessing, documenting processes and implementing improvements
- Experience researching topics and presenting findings
- Post-graduate training, certification or designation in finance or accounting is a bonus, but not required. The VP, Finance & Business Performance is an experienced CPA mentor who can support the candidate in completing the CPA training program.
Additional Qualities and Skills for the successful applicant:
- Self-starter who works independently and takes the initiative to move projects forward
- Strategic and commercially minded, with ability to make connections and adraw conclusions to drive sales and profitability growth
- Process-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Quick leaner, particularly with new software
- Attention to detail and consistent focus on quality of deliverables
- Effective and confident communicator
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial and family-oriented company at which to build a great career in an exciting industry, Rodan Energy is the place for you.
Rodan Energy offers a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package.
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, applicants must confirm that they are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19. If Applicants are not Fully Vaccinated, they will be asked to identify any accommodation needs pursuant to a protected ground under the Code. If no such accommodation is identified, the Applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.