Rodan Energy is a leading North American provider of solutions that help our customers meet their goal of having a reliable, sustainable supply of power. Together, we are making sustainable, attainable!
Join Rodan to be part of a growing and innovative industry. Rodan was recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row! This is a terrific place to learn and grow in your career and be part of a positive work environment. We offer rewarding careers and foster a collaborative culture where employees can produce their best work and reach their full potential.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Software Developer Co-Op Student to help your career development in the industry.
As a Software Developer Co-Op Student, you will participate in the design, implementation, and maintenance of a suite of SaaS software tools to visualize energy market information and help minimize our customer’s energy spending. Reporting to the Senior Software Developer, you will work with other development team members to deliver best-in-class solutions. To be successful in this position, you should be a person with strong technical knowledge who is always learning and discovering opportunities in a dynamic, innovative, and ever-changing energy industry!
Rodan fosters a culture that promotes health and wellness and encourages work-life balance. This is a flexible hybrid role where you are required to work both remotely and in person depending on business needs. You will be required to work at our Corporate HQ in Mississauga a minimum of 2 days per week to attend and participate in workshops, projects, or team meetings.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform software development activities, based on Agile methodology and best practices, including design, implementation, test/QA, deployment, maintenance, support, and operations
- Support and contribute to solution requirements gathering, solution design, sprint planning, retrospectives, code reviews
- Perform ad hoc client support activities, including issue triage and resolving issues
- Working with the Team Lead for Product Development, develop rough order of magnitude estimates on new product requests or projects requiring software development
- Working with external software development firms, technology vendors, and contractors to deliver software solutions
- Enrolled in post-secondary diploma or degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related program
- Programming skills in 2 technology stacks:
- Market Dashboard Stack:
- Vue JS
- Highcharts and D3.js
- RESTful APIs
- Linux CLI / SSH
- Energy Management System Stack:
- NET Web Forms
- Highcharts and D3.js
- NET MVC
- RESTful APIs
- Entity Framework
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to capture or clarify technical requirements from business users or product owners
To apply, please submit a resume and transcript to the firstname.lastname@example.org or the online University portal by the deadline for the summer 2023 term.
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, applicants must confirm that they are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19. If Applicants are not Fully Vaccinated, they will be asked to identify any accommodation needs pursuant to a protected ground under the Code. If no such accommodation is identified, the Applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start your career here to help build a sustainable energy future!