Rodan Energy is a leading North American provider of solutions that help our customers meet their goal of having a reliable, sustainable supply of power. Together, we are making sustainable, attainable!
Join Rodan to be part of a growing and innovative industry. Rodan was recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row! This is a terrific place to learn and grow in your career and be part of a positive work environment. We offer rewarding careers and foster a collaborative culture where employees can produce their best work and reach their full potential.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Technical Services Electrical Engineer Co-op Student to help your career development in the industry.
Reporting to the Manager, Power Systems Engineering, you will be a key element in the delivery of power system projects by providing design inputs, acting as a customer point of contact, helping manage project deliverables, and liaising with equipment vendors.
You will be part of a larger engineering and project management teams located in Ontario and Alberta and will also be exposed to other company-wide technical initiatives.
Rodan fosters a culture that promotes health and wellness and encourages work-life balance. This is a flexible hybrid role where you are required to work both remotely and in person depending on business needs. You will be required to work at our Corporate HQ in Mississauga a minimum of 2 days per week to attend and participate in workshops, projects, or team meetings.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist in the design of protection and control, revenue metering, monitoring, power quality, and other related Power System projects, and act as a technical point of contact.
- Be part of a design team to design medium and high voltage metering and protection and controls systems.
- Create drawings, schematics and diagrams for electrical distribution, metering, and communications systems.
- Perform design and calculations related to metering and protection system configurations.
- Review and aid in the development of vendor equipment specifications.
- Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide presales technical support in the form of technical proposals, and solutions engineering.
- Gaining an understanding on the Ontario energy market.
- Other duties as required.
- Currently enrolled in and working towards a bachelor’s degree in a University Electrical Engineering program or equivalent
- Knowledge in Power Systems as demonstrated by theoretical knowledge, best practices, awareness of standards, electrical safety practises, and grounding.
- Knowledge or experience of MS Excel, AutoCAD, MathCad, Matlab, ETAP, and other engineering software will be an asset.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation, self-motivated, and strong organizational capabilities.
To apply, please submit a resume and transcript to email@example.com or to the University portal by the deadline for the summer 2023 term.
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, applicants must confirm that they are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19. If Applicants are not Fully Vaccinated, they will be asked to identify any accommodation needs pursuant to a protected ground under the Code. If no such accommodation is identified, the Applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start your career here to help build a sustainable energy future!