Rodan Energy is a leading North American provider of solutions that helps our customers meet their goal of having a reliable, sustainable supply of power. Together, we are making sustainable, attainable!
Join Rodan to be part of a growing and innovative industry. Rodan was recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row! This is a terrific place to learn and grow in your career and be part of a positive work environment. We offer rewarding careers and foster a collaborative culture where employees can produce their best work and reach their full potential.
To fuel our expansion and drive market success, we have an exciting opportunity available for DER Analyst.
Reporting into the Manager, Dispatch Operation, your main responsibility is to ensure the successful and safe operations of all our assets including battery, solar, gas turbine, and consumption storages. To be successful in this position, you should be a person with strong critical thinking skills who is always learning and discovering opportunities in a dynamic, innovative, and ever-changing energy industry!
Rodan fosters a culture that promotes health and wellness and encourages work-life balance. This is a flexible hybrid role where you are required to work both remotely and in person depending on business needs. You will be required to work at our Corporate HQ in Mississauga a minimum of 2 days per week to attend and participate in workshops, projects, or team meetings. The standard work hours for this role are 8am-5pm plus the availability for afterhours communication in the event of emergencies.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- Communicating with customers on a weekly and daily basis, keeping them up to date on how their systems are operating (activations, issues with the asset, new strategies).
- Ensuring assets are always ready to operate 24/7
- Operating assets as needed on a daily basis
- Game plan creation for optimization of asset
- Resolving any issues that arise and taking appropriate action to remedy risk and ensure the problem is resolved
- Understanding IESO/NYISO market rules for compliance of asset operations
- Understanding utility billing to ensure maximum asset optimization
- Working closely with Engineering to ensure optimal asset health/operation
- Training of other staff (12/7 shift)
- Responsible for deployment commissioning of new SCADA projects
- Creating revenue models/estimates for current and potential/future projects based on available information about the assets
- Presentations of new opportunities to potential customers
- Creating summary reports for customers on asset operations (daily/weekly)
- Post secondary education in Electrical Engineering or similar area of study
- 2+ Years of professional experience working in the energy sector or a related field
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office, outlook, etc.)
- Must understand Power Systems and Electricity Grid
- Understanding of how BESS/Generation System operate/work an asset
- Previous experience using SCADA Systems (Supervisory Control and Data Analytics) an asset
- Possibility of being on call after hours to monitor assets
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude
- Ability to accurately summarize information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet all deadlines
- Ability to adjust and be flexible to meet changing work needs and demands
- Resourceful, self-starter who takes initiative to solve problems and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Easily liaises and interacts with all types of personalities
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Health benefits after probationary period (medical, dental, vision, health care spending, life insurance, LTD, AD&D,)
- 3 weeks vacation from day 1
- RRSP annual contribution top up
- Employee assistance program (24/7 benefits to address problems that are personal or work related ie. psychological, financial, legal and parental support services)
- Teledoc (24/7 access to Doctors by phone, video or app)
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, applicants must confirm that they are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19.. If Applicants are not Fully Vaccinated, they will be asked to identify any accommodation needs pursuant to a protected ground under the Code. If no such accommodation is identified, the Applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start your career here to help build a sustainable energy future!
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.