Rodan Energy is a leading North American provider of solutions that help our customers meet their goal of having a reliable, sustainable supply of power. Together, we are making sustainable, attainable!
Join Rodan to be part of a growing and innovative industry. Rodan was recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row! This is a terrific place to learn and grow in your career and be part of a positive work environment. We offer rewarding careers and foster a collaborative culture where employees can produce their best work and reach their full potential.
To fuel our expansion and drive market success, we have an exciting opportunity available for a Director, Energy Market Operations.
Reporting into the President & CEO, you will be a key member of the Rodan Energy leadership team with responsibility for managing a team of energy market professionals. You will be responsible for enabling, operating, and optimizing grid-connected and behind the meter DER assets across North America.
To be successful in this position, you will have proven leadership skills and be a strong communicator. Knowledge of demand response, dispatch and battery system optimization, and NA ISO markets are essential. The position requires an individual with the energy, presence, integrity and judgment to ensure reliable operations and seize opportunities to advance Rodan’s North American energy services.
Rodan fosters a culture that promotes health and wellness and encourages work-life balance. This is a flexible hybrid role where you are required to work both remotely and in person depending on business needs.
Location: Anywhere in North America. Preferably in Mississauga, Ontario. You will be required to work at our Corporate HQ in Mississauga to attend and participate in workshops, projects, or team meetings.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- Oversee the efficient, accurate and responsive operation of Rodan’s Network Operations Center
- Ensure compliance with ISO market and utility program rules and obligations.
- Manage Rodan’s DER portfolio and event activities to maximize value and minimize risk, including customer engagement, settlement, auction strategy development and execution activities.
- Develop scalable client-focused product offerings, including real-time energy asset optimization and energy intelligence services supporting ESG goals and REC monetization.
- Lead and coach the market operations team, including training and professional development.
- Direct the continuous improvement of internal tools and operating procedures to manage risk and ensure scalable operations.
- Support business cases development for asset management and optimization projects.
- Support the business development team in sales and client services.
- Identify new market and product opportunities.
Due to the growth of Rodan, you must be willing to turn your hand to other tasks depending on business needs.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Post-secondary education with 10+ years of energy markets experience
- Robust knowledge of energy, capacity and ancillary services markets at ISO and utility levels in NA
- Experience managing and automating asset operations (including SCADA), data collection and analytics, and financial settlement processes
- Detail-oriented with an unparalleled passion for customer service, responsiveness, and operational excellence
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of energy professionals in a fast-paced environment, working directly with both internal and external clients
- Training and experience in continuous process improvement, including identifying risks plus designing and implementing controls and standard operating procedures
- Experience collaborating with sales, engineering, technology, software development and corporate services teams to drive cross-functional initiatives and meet customer needs
- Strong quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- A working knowledge of various DER assets including renewables, battery energy storage solutions, generation facilities and micro-grids is highly desirable
- Availability to travel when needed throughout North America
What RODAN has to offer:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience + incentive bonus plan
- Health benefits after probationary period (medical, dental, vision, health care spending, life insurance, LTD, AD&D)
- 3 weeks vacation
- RRSP annual contribution top up
- Employee assistance program (24/7 benefits to address problems that are personal or work related ie. psychological, financial, legal and parental support services)
- Teledoc (24/7 access to Doctors by phone, video or app)
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, applicants must confirm that they are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19. If Applicants are not Fully Vaccinated, they will be asked to identify any accommodation needs pursuant to a protected ground under the Code. If no such accommodation is identified, the Applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start your career here to help build a sustainable energy future!
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.