Rodan Energy is a leading North American provider of solutions that helps our customers meet their goal of having a reliable, sustainable supply of power. Together, we are making sustainable, attainable!
Join Rodan to be part of a growing and innovative industry. Rodan was recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row! This is a terrific place to learn and grow in your career and be part of a positive work environment. We offer rewarding careers and foster a collaborative culture where employees can produce their best work and reach their full potential.
To fuel our expansion and drive market success, we have an exciting opportunity available for an Energy Settlements Manager will oversee energy settlements and billing intelligence services for Rodan’s customers in the Ontario, New York, PJM and other US energy markets. In this cross-functional role, you will report to the Director, Market Operations and collaborate closely with Rodan’s energy market operations, data services, finance and business development teams. You will apply your strong attention to detail and knowledge of processes and controls to deliver exceptional services to Rodan’s customers.
Rodan fosters a culture that promotes health and wellness and encourages work-life balance. This is a flexible hybrid role where you are required to work both remotely and in person depending on business needs. You will be required to work at our Corporate HQ in Mississauga a minimum of 2 days per week in addition to attending and participating in workshops, projects, or team meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the process to collect and analyze customer energy data and then calculate and settle financial payments for demand response energy market programs in accordance with program parameters and contractual terms
- Oversee the development and delivery of billing intelligence services, including predictive energy invoices, invoice validation, and related advisory services
- Implement efficient and effective processes to ensure all demand response energy market settlements and billing intelligence services are delivered accurately and on time
- Coach and supervise the Settlement Analyst
- Support the business development team by analyzing energy data and calculating financial impacts for potential customers
- Design and develop automated tools to continuously improve delivery and customer service
- Maintain strong internal controls to manage operational and financial risks
- Respond to customer questions and advise customers on energy billing and settlements
- Research to learn and track changes in North American energy market program rules and settlement processes
- Support and lead special projects
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, engineering or similar area of study
- 5+ years of professional experience, including 3+ years experience in a financial settlements or billing related role
- Intermediate or higher Excel skills and extensive experience using Excel for data manipulation, analysis, calculation and reporting
- Experience reviewing and documenting processes; implementing controls and improvements
- Experience researching topics and presenting findings
- Experience supervising more junior resources
- Exposure to automation tool development, including work with software developers, designing/testing end user computing tools (e.g. VBA-based macros)
- Knowledge, interest or exposure to energy markets
Qualifications and Skills:
- High attention to detail and consistent focus on quality of deliverables
- Process-oriented with strong organizational skills to manage deadlines
- Technically-minded and able to collaborate with IT/technology teams
- Effective and confident communicator keen to advise and service customers
- Self-starter who works independently and takes the initiative to drive improvements
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial and family-oriented company at which to build a great career in an exciting industry, Rodan Energy is the place for you.
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, health care spending, life insurance, LTD, AD&D,)
- 3 weeks vacation from day 1
- RRSP annual contribution top up
- Employee assistance program (24/7 benefits to address problems that are personal or work related ie. psychological, financial, legal and parental support services)
- Teledoc (24/7 access to Doctors by phone, video or app)
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, applicants must confirm that they are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19.. If Applicants are not Fully Vaccinated, they will be asked to identify any accommodation needs pursuant to a protected ground under the Code. If no such accommodation is identified, the Applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start your career here to help build a sustainable energy future!
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.