Rodan Energy is a leading North American provider of solutions that help our customers meet their goal of having a reliable, sustainable supply of power. Together, we are making sustainable, attainable!
Rodan was recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row! This is a terrific place to learn and grow in your career. Our team of energy analysts, engineers, and metering experts, combined with our industry-leading energy intelligence software platforms, are helping energy users and power companies navigate the energy transition.
As a Manager, Data Services, you will be accountable for collection, verification and validation, and processing of energy data in support of Rodan’s industry-leading energy intelligence programs and product offerings. Reporting into the Director, Technology & Enterprise Data, you will be a “quarterback” for Customer data acquisition onboarding (into our energy intelligence systems) and for data Customer submissions to electricity system operators. You will also be supporting and coordinating projects and innovative technology introductions in the Data Services realm and ensuring operations excellence in Rodan Data Services.
This role will start your career in helping build a sustainable energy future!
**This is a flexible hybrid role where you are required to work both remotely and in person depending on business needs. You will be required to work at our Corporate HQ in Mississauga to attend and participate in workshops, projects, or team meetings.**
- Leading end-to-end data electricity data acquisition on-boarding – from registration to data acquisition to data presentment in Rodan’s proprietary applications for Utility meters and data loggers
- Developing and managing task lists, effort estimates and staffing plans for the Data Services team
- Interfacing with metering service providers and utilities, meter data management agencies and clients regarding the provision of metering services, metering installations and metering data
- Interfacing with field staff, prior to and during commissioning of meter installations and commencement of meter data collection
Meter Data Acquisition and Processing
- Managing and coordinating the monthly meter data aggregation and submission process and ensuring that meter settlement data is collected, processed, validated and promptly submitted to internal stakeholders in line with internal expectations and SLAs
- Ensuring that Rodan’s meter databases contain accurate, current and complete meter data
- Identifying meter data system anomalies or issues, test and document changes for resolution and continuous improvement
- Reviewing the effectiveness of existing meter data management processes and act where gaps or improvement opportunities have been identified
- Developing performance relevant Data Services metrics and KPIs and act when KPIs not met
- Assessing team performance at the team and individual level
- Identifying opportunities for new meter data technologies or data architecture to improve performance
- Collaborating continuously with team members to identify and implement process improvements and best practices, to enhance efficiency and productivity
- Creating documentation of business processes and provide training on new or enhanced processes, when required
- Ensure that Team maintains current and complete documented Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- Post-secondary education from an accredited college or university and/or prior related work experience ideally in utility metering or billing
- Experience working with data collection and/or settlement systems
- Experience and expertise in data acquisition from remote data capture systems into internal data intelligence systems
- Experience managing and leading operational teams and project teams in the data services realm
- Experience in developing and tracking operational metrics related to meter data acquisition and developing KPIs
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel to be able to efficiently analyze, process and upload data
- Willingness to acquire industry knowledge
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Understanding of the “big picture” and downstream impact of work on other teams
- Ability to work under pressure and meet quick turnaround times
- Self-starter, skilled in time management and prioritizing work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Easily liaises and interacts with all types of personalities
- Willingness to continually learn
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Health benefits after probationary period (medical, dental, vision, health care spending, life insurance, LTD, AD&D,)
- 3 weeks vacation
- RRSP annual contribution top up
- Employee assistance program (24/7 benefits to address problems that are personal or work related ie. psychological, financial, legal and parental support services)
- Teledoc (24/7 access to Doctors by phone, video or app)
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, applicants must confirm that they are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19.. If Applicants are not Fully Vaccinated, they will be asked to identify any accommodation needs pursuant to a protected ground under the Code. If no such accommodation is identified, the Applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.