Manager, Operations and Field Services
MANAGER, OPERATIONS AND FIELD SERVICES
Location: Mississauga, ON
Join the Rodan team – a great place to work in an exciting and innovative industry! That is why we have been recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers and are the leading provider of metering, distributed energy and energy intelligence solutions in Canada.
As our Manager, Operations and Field Services, you will manage a team of highly skilled metering and electrical technicians in providing metering and associated technical services to our clients, including electrical distribution utilities, power producers and large commercial and industrial energy users. You will be responsible for new construction projects and maintenance/testing services in high voltage environments. By planning and problem solving you will effectively support our clients while always maintaining an impeccable safety record.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead and develop multiple teams of metering and electrical technologists as well as project managers and support teams.
- Manage work assignments to ensure optimal utilization of team members and contractors in delivering projects safely, on time and on budget
- Develop and/or oversee project plans and resources for equipment installation, customer care and ongoing maintenance to meet project scope and client requirements
- Provide proper training, direction, and supervision to a team of highly skilled electrical technicians
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace including proper work procedures, documentation, safety standards, training, and compliance monitoring
- Liaise with customers and contractors to communicate deliverables and any changes in scope
- Manage customer requirements and project profitability
- Post-secondary education in a related technical field (e.g. electrical engineering, electrical technician/technologist), or other relevant work experience. A C.E.T., P. Eng or other relevant designation is an asset.
- Background in electrical power distribution, metering, protection and control, communications, and electrical systems.
- 5+ years related work experience in a supervisory capacity
- Proven ability to develop, motivate and maintain excellent relationships with staff and clients
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, especially Excel, and an aptitude to learn complex metering and testing software tools
- Experience with meter management software such as ION Enterprise; and electrical drawing tools such as Visio and AutoCAD is an asset
- Knowledge of OHSA, EUSA and ESA regulations, Utility Work Protection Code, WHMIS, and other applicable legislation
- Certified in CPR and First Aid is an asset
- Familiar with the current electrical metering, communications, and testing technologies as well as work force management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional administrative skills
- Effective leadership skills and comfortable at managing remote reports
- A valid Class ‘G’ Ontario driver’s license, driver’s insurance, and an excellent driving record
- Must have a regard for personal and public safety and demonstrated safe working habits
- Willingness to occasionally travel
Rodan offers a highly competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package.
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit canada.easyapply.co.