METER TECHNICIANS – CASUAL
Location: GREATER TORONTO AREA
Rodan Energy, a leading North American provider of distributed energy resource asset optimization, demand response services, power systems engineering, metering, and energy management information systems, delivers valuable solutions to large commercial and industrial energy users as well as power distribution and generation companies.
Our expertise ensures our customers minimize their energy costs, maximize efficiencies, enhance power system reliability, and help develop a sustainable energy future.
Recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers, Rodan Energy is always looking for top talent to add to our casual Meter Technician pool. We currently have opportunities in the GTA. These positions are available as needed and will require some local travel. Ideally suited to those with MEARIE or equivalent experience.
Reporting to the Manager, Operations & Field Services, the role will be responsible for installing and maintaining metering and other energy management systems.
- Provide technical services in the areas of electrical systems, metering, power systems and energy management services
- Install, test, and commission retail and wholesale metering systems
- Complete all types of maintenance work on retail and wholesale metering installations
- Able to manage projects with minimal supervision to completion
- Ensure safe work procedures are followed at all times
- Maintain client communications, safety and work documentation
- Follow operating procedures and practices to support Rodan in ensuring compliance and reporting requirements of federal, provincial and local regulations
- Completed or working towards Journeyperson Meter Technician Certification or equivalent
- Background in electrical power distribution, metering, protection and control or electrical systems
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively complete tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
- A valid Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s License, driver’s insurance and an excellent driving record
- Knowledge of and experience with computer software such as Microsoft Office and meter specific software
- First Aid and CPR certificates and knowledge of EUSA and the OHSA are assets
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Valid proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a required pre-employment condition.
To apply for this job please visit canada.easyapply.co.