Rodan Energy is a leading North American provider of solutions that help our customers meet their goal of having a reliable, sustainable supply of power. Together, we are making sustainable, attainable!
Rodan was recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row! This is a terrific place to learn and grow in your career. Our team of energy analysts, engineers, and metering experts, combined with our industry-leading energy intelligence software platforms, are helping energy users and power companies navigate the energy transition.
As a Power Systems Engineer, you will play a support role within the group, performing technical work as well as taking responsibility for projects and project management-related tasks aligned with the background and skills of the candidate. To be successful in this position, you should be passionate about engineering as a discipline, as demonstrated by a series of professional experiences that show exceptional curiosity as to how and why engineering systems work and how, you personally, have used this knowledge to drive improved performance outcomes. You will be working in a friendly and collaborative environment with the opportunity to interface directly with clients.
This role will start your career in helping build a sustainable energy future!
**This is a flexible hybrid role where you are required to work both remotely and in person depending on business needs. You will be required to work at our Corporate HQ in Mississauga to attend and participate in workshops, projects, or team meetings.**
- Design medium and high voltage metering, protection, and controls systems
- Create AutoCAD drawings, schematics, and diagrams for electrical distribution, metering, and communications systems
- Perform design and calculations related to metering and protection system configurations
- Write engineering reports, conduct feasibility studies and reviews related to energy services projects
- Manage delivery and oversee lifecycle implementation of revenue metering, protection and control, monitoring, power quality, and other related Power System projects and act as the technical point of contact.
- Participate in field commissioning activities of electrical subsystems comprising of protection relays, meters, monitoring and power quality equipment and other ancillary electrical distribution components such as switchgear, instrumentation, pole mounted equipment, etc.
- Act as a mentor to technical staff and supply training as needed
- Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders
- Provide presales technical support in the form of pricing, cost estimation, technical proposals, and solutions engineering
- Programming experience (SCADA, PLC, MATLAB, etc) is considered an asset
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized university
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) within Ontario is mandatory
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical engineering with demonstrated technical (data analysis, code and regulations reviews, design calculations, technical report writing) and project management skills (writing project progress reports, tracking budgets, and maintaining schedules)
- Experience in IESO registration and Measurement Canada Standards is an asset
- Ability to travel to project sites on an as-required basis for site visits, typically for data collection or attendance at coordination or design review meetings
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, CRM)
- Willingness to acquire industry knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service and experience
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to problem solve and provide variable solutions based on customer needs and company objectives
- Ability to adjust and be flexible to meet changing work needs and demands
- Resourceful, self-starter who takes initiative to solve problems and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Easily liaises and interacts with all types of personalities
- Professional presentation skills
- Willingness to continually learn
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Health benefits after probationary period (medical, dental, vision, health care spending, life insurance, LTD, AD&D,)
- 3 weeks vacation
- RRSP annual contribution top up
- Employee assistance program (24/7 benefits to address problems that are personal or work related ie. psychological, financial, legal and parental support services)
- Teledoc (24/7 access to Doctors by phone, video or app)
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, applicants must confirm that they are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19.. If Applicants are not Fully Vaccinated, they will be asked to identify any accommodation needs pursuant to a protected ground under the Code. If no such accommodation is identified, the Applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.