Rodan Energy is a leading North American provider of solutions that help our customers meet their goal of having a reliable, sustainable supply of power. Together, we are making sustainable, attainable!
Join Rodan to be part of a growing and innovative industry. Rodan was recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row! This is a terrific place to learn and grow in your career and be part of a positive work environment. We offer rewarding careers and foster a collaborative culture where employees can produce their best work and reach their full potential.
To fuel our expansion and drive market success, we have an exciting opportunity available for a PRODUCT MANAGER.
Reporting into the President & CEO, this newly created role of Product Manager will drive the development of Rodan’s industry leading technology and service offerings. Combining a deep understanding of customer needs, technological possibility and sales potential, they will develop new offerings and prioritize enhancements to existing solutions.
To be successful in this position, you will own the product roadmap for all Rodan’s energy technology and data driven service offerings across North America.
Rodan fosters a culture that promotes health and wellness and encourages work-life balance. This is a flexible hybrid role where you are required to work both remotely and in person depending on business needs.
Location: Anywhere in North America. Preferably in Mississauga, Ontario. You will be required to work at our Corporate HQ in Mississauga to attend and participate in workshops, projects, or team meetings.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- Define the product vision, strategy and roadmap for Rodan Digital Products including internal and customer facing applications, enterprise platforms and data and analytics services.
- Define product requirements, from high level critical success factors down to individual user stories.
- Manage the full product life cycle and oversee the process through from discovery to execution to launch.
- Prioritize product development needs, own the product roadmaps and coordinate with stakeholders to drive innovation in consideration of scalability, technical constraints, customer needs, and revenue potential
- Research and understand market drivers, trends, and capabilities necessary to produce a product that solves market needs – i.e., product-market-fit
- Conduct Voice of Customer to better understand overall market and individual client needs to inform further product development.
- Support business development efforts to secure Minimum Viable Product (MVP)-driven pilots for new and existing products and work with the marketing team to generate and update product collateral as needed
- Collaborate across Rodan to strengthen relationships and ensure alignment between software development, engineering, data analytics, operations, sales and marketing teams
- Act as thought leader to continuously improve Rodan’s understanding of its customers and markets in the fast-changing energy industry
Due to the growth of Rodan, you must be willing to turn your hand to other tasks depending on business needs.
- University or College degree preferably in business, software, engineering, mathematics, or technical design
- 5+ years of total work experience, including 3+ years of product management experience, working directly with software developers or engineers, and 3+ years working in a multi-disciplinary or cross functional role
- Knowledge and/or direct experience with software development, particularly with database, web-delivered, data management, and SCADA related solutions
- Proven success in defining and delivering B2B/SaaS solutions
- Knowledge of the energy industry and specifically any of demand response, distributed energy resources, energy markets, electrical engineering and metering, or energy management software is an asset
Qualifications & Skills:
- Exceptional ability to communicate complex concepts; you are a natural “translator” between technical specialists and business leaders
- Demonstrated leaderships skills and ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Strategic, long-term thinker with a passion for understanding new technologies/markets and building integrated, scalable solutions
- Action-oriented with track record of over-coming roadblocks and solving business wide problems
- Data-driven decision maker with sound judgement and an unparalleled passion for customer service and delivery excellence
- Collaborative, self-confident and intellectually-honest, you recognize that candor in decision-making leads to high quality decisions
What RODAN has to offer:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience + incentive bonus plan
- Health benefits after probationary period (medical, dental, vision, health care spending, life insurance, LTD, AD&D)
- 3 weeks vacation
- RRSP annual contribution top up
- Employee assistance program (24/7 benefits to address problems that are personal or work related ie. psychological, financial, legal and parental support services)
- Teledoc (24/7 access to Doctors by phone, video or app)
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, applicants must confirm that they are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19. If Applicants are not Fully Vaccinated, they will be asked to identify any accommodation needs pursuant to a protected ground under the Code. If no such accommodation is identified, the Applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start your career here to help build a sustainable energy future!
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.