Rodan Energy is a leading North American provider of solutions that helps our customers meet their goal of having a reliable, sustainable supply of power. Together, we are making sustainable, attainable!
Join Rodan to be part of a growing and innovative industry. Rodan was recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row! This is a terrific place to learn and grow in your career and be part of a positive work environment. We offer rewarding careers and foster a collaborative culture where employees can produce their best work and reach their full potential.
To fuel our expansion and drive market success, we have an exciting opportunity available for Project Scheduler.
Reporting into the Manager, Operations & Field Services, this dynamic individual will have overall accountability for the scheduling of all operations and engineering activities within Rodan to consistently achieve on time delivery of products and services within established timelines.
Rodan fosters a culture that promotes health and wellness and encourages work-life balance. This is a flexible hybrid role where you are required to work both remotely and in person depending on business needs. You will be required to work at our Corporate HQ in Mississauga Monday to Thursday with the option of working remotely on Friday.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop and manage the planning and production schedules and resource baseline schedule in a project management software suite (ie. MS Project or Primavera) in coordination with project managers/construction managers with inputs from engineering, procurement, contractors, and operations
- Develop the weekly and long-term production plan while optimizing field technician schedule through knowledge of capacity, resources, efficiency, and completion times
- Convert customer purchase orders to executable work orders utilizing “what if” scenarios to optimize resources
- Identify discrepancies and mitigate requirements to ensure customer requirements are met
- Provide recommendations for corrective action due to delays or issues in certain aspects of the program
- Ensure project schedule activities are coded by the program work breakdown structure for cost / schedule integration and analysis.
- Provide support on development of program cost expenditure and analyze cost/earned ratios
- Analyze project requirements, contractor requests for adjustments, and available resources to ensure schedules are feasible
- Provide technical support to all stakeholders to ensure that the project schedule is maintained to program team’s satisfaction
- Validate construction methodologies, resource and cost loading, activity durations, schedule logic, float allocation and critical path identification
- Generate, track and distribute reports for program team and management regarding project scheduling activities with bar charts and S-curves
- Ensuring that all field documentation and external forms completed on timely and accurate basis
- Serves as a primary point of contact for Operations and program team, regarding committed customer deliveries and attend team meetings as needed
- You will be provided the coaching and training needed throughout the onboarding and orientation process that will build from your base of skills acquired from your past experiences.
Due to the growth of Rodan, you must be willing to turn your hand to other tasks depending on business needs.
- Post-secondary education in business, engineering, project management or related field – or equivalent in training, experience and education.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in a similar position an asset
- Advanced computer skills ie. MS Office, Outlook
- Construction project planning expertise gained across a range of large, complex, multi-disciplinary projects, with a sound understanding of program management principles and application
- Seeking Project Management Professional (PMP) or Project Management Institute is an asset
- Advanced skills with Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project or equivalent an asset
- Relevant experience in utility or commercial/Industrial work programs an asset
- Willingness to acquire industry knowledge
Qualifications & Skills:
- Proactive, detailed oriented and have a good knowledge of planning techniques
- Ability to problem solve and provide variable solutions based on customer needs and company objectives
- Resourceful, self-starter who takes initiative to solve problems and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships with all internal and external contacts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional presentation skills an asset
- Willingness to continually learn
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Health benefits after probationary period (medical, dental, vision, health care spending, life insurance, LTD, AD&D,)
- 3 weeks vacation from day 1
- RRSP annual contribution top up
- Employee assistance program (24/7 benefits to address problems that are personal or work related ie. psychological, financial, legal and parental support services)
- Teledoc (24/7 access to Doctors by phone, video or app)
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, applicants must confirm that they are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19.. If Applicants are not Fully Vaccinated, they will be asked to identify any accommodation needs pursuant to a protected ground under the Code. If no such accommodation is identified, the Applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start your career here to help build a sustainable energy future!
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.