Rodan Energy is a leading North American provider of solutions that help our customers meet their goal of having a reliable, sustainable supply of power. Together, we are making sustainable, attainable!
Rodan is recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row! This is a terrific place to learn and grow in your career. Our team of energy analysts, engineers, and metering experts, combined with our industry-leading energy intelligence software platforms, are helping energy users and power companies navigate the energy transition.
We have an exciting opportunity available for Senior Analyst, Energy Market Operations. Reporting into the Manager, Energy Market Operations, you will support delivery of energy solutions that provide clients with opportunities to maximize their market revenues, reduce their total energy spend, and enhance overall system efficiency. Rodan is looking for an ambitious individual who takes initiative to solve problems and meet deadlines and is looking to grow their knowledge base of the various Independent Systems Operator (ISO) electricity markets.
This role will start your career in helping build a sustainable energy future!
**This is a flexible hybrid role where you are required to work both remotely and in person depending on business needs. You will be required to work at our Corporate HQ in Mississauga to attend and participate in workshops, projects, or team meetings.**
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage all aspects of demand management programs for the Northeast U.S. ISO markets and utility programs (“own your market”)
- Support U.S. business development activities through customer information analysis to assess suitability of clients for available monetization and savings opportunities
- Responsible for Rodan portfolio performance in meeting DR/Capacity Auction program commitments
- Managing all aspects of client registration, metering and data management for ISO/utility program
- Develop/foster relationships with applicable ISO/utility staff.
- Support development of best-in-market solutions, leveraging experience across jurisdictions
- Work closely with Rodan Regulatory Affairs Team to ensure efficient transfer of knowledge, solutions and ideas
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in business, engineering, project management or related field – or equivalent in training, experience and education
- 5+ years of in-depth understanding of energy and capacity markets, particularly in demand response activities
- Quick and accurate modelling and analysis of large sets of financial and other customer data
- Knowledge of electricity market rules and energy savings/incentive programs
- Strong data analysis skills
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office, Outlook)
- Willingness to travel within North America
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong technical, analytical, and financial or mathematical aptitude
- Ability to accurately summarize information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service and experience
- Capacity to form effective relationships with users
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet all deadlines
- Ability to adjust and be flexible to meet changing work needs and demands
- Resourceful, self-starter who takes initiative to solve problems and meet deadlines
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Easily liaises and interacts with all types of personalities
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Health benefits after probationary period (medical, dental, vision, health care spending, life insurance, LTD, AD&D,)
- 3 weeks vacation
- RRSP annual contribution top up
- Employee assistance program (24/7 benefits to address problems that are personal or work related ie. psychological, financial, legal and parental support services)
- Teledoc (24/7 access to Doctors by phone, video or app)
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, applicants must confirm that they are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19. If Applicants are not Fully Vaccinated, they will be asked to identify any accommodation needs pursuant to a protected ground under the Code. If no such accommodation is identified, the Applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.