Rodan Energy is a leading North American provider of solutions that help our customers meet their goal of having a reliable, sustainable supply of power. Together, we are making sustainable, attainable!
Join Rodan to be a part of a growing and innovative industry. Rodan was recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row! This is a terrific place to learn and grow in your career and be a part of a positive work environment. We offer rewarding careers and foster a collaborative culture where employees can produce their best work and reach their full potential.
To fuel our expansion and drive market success, we have an exciting opportunity available for Senior Data Services Analyst.
As a Senior Data Services Analyst, you will be a key member of the Data Services team, providing best-in-class meter data management services for retail and wholesale clients. Reporting to the Manager, Data Services, you will be responsible for collection, verification, validation and processing of energy data (ETL) in support of Rodan’s industry-leading energy intelligence programs and product offerings. As a senior team member, you will play a significant role in continuously improving data processing and governance to ensure that Rodan has a best-in-class data architecture.
Rodan fosters a culture that promotes health and wellness and encourages work-life balance. You will be required to work at our Corporate HQ in Mississauga a minimum of 4 days per week to attend and participate in workshops, projects, or team meetings.
Main Responsibilities & Duties
- Collect, format and process meter data from different sources into internal systems for the benefit of internal and external stakeholders (ETL)
- Map and upload data files into Rodan energy intelligence systems and databases
- Create and perform data validity tests for data quality to ensure that data is accurate and complete
- Interface with metering service providers, utilities, field services and customers regarding the provision of metering data
- Identify and investigate E2E data flow issues or anomalies and implementing solutions
- Review and analyze exception reports from various meter data management systems and determining and implementing appropriate actions to resolve
- Collaborate continuously with team members to identify and implement process improvements and best practices, to enhance efficiency and productivity
- Conceptualize and build data metrics and dashboards using tools such as Power BI
- Create regular and ad-hoc queries, extracts and reports in Excel and SQL databases
- 3+ years experience in ETL, data modelling and data QA
- Post-secondary education from an accredited college or university and/or prior related work experience ideally in utility metering or billing
- Experience and expertise in data acquisition from remote data capture systems into internal data intelligence systems
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel to be able to efficiently analyze, process and upload data
- Knowledge of Itron MV-90, Meter and Data Logger programming (Asset)
- ITIL knowledge and experience (Asset)
- Knowledge of Power BI
- Willingness to learn and acquire industry knowledge
Qualifications & Skills
- Solid analytical and critical thinking skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet quick turnaround times
- Understanding of the “big picture” and downstream impact of work on other teams
- Self-starter, skilled in time management and prioritizing work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Easily liaises and interacts with all types of personalities
- Willingness to continually learn
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Health benefits after probationary period (medical, dental, vision, health care spending, life insurance, LTD, AD&D,)
- 3 weeks vacation from day 1
- RRSP annual contribution top up
- Employee assistance program (24/7 benefits to address problems that are personal or work related i.e. psychological, financial, legal and parental support services)
- Teledoc (24/7 access to Doctors by phone, video or app)
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, applicants must confirm that they are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19. If Applicants are not Fully Vaccinated, they will be asked to identify any accommodation needs pursuant to a protected ground under the Code. If no such accommodation is identified, the Applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start your career here to help build a sustainable energy future!
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.