Rodan Energy is a leading North American provider of solutions that help our customers meet their goal of having a reliable, sustainable supply of power. Together, we are making sustainable, attainable!
Join Rodan to be a part of a growing and innovative industry. Rodan was recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row! This is a terrific place to learn and grow in your career and be a part of a positive work environment. We offer rewarding careers and foster a collaborative culture where employees can produce their best work and reach their full potential.
To fuel our expansion and drive market success, we have an exciting opportunity available for Technical Services Supervisor.
The Technical Services Supervisor is responsible for staff and client management. You will lead a team of highly skilled meter technicians in providing technical expertise and support to our clients, helping them optimize their energy goals. You will have overall accountability for the scheduling of all operations and engineering activities within Rodan to consistently achieve on time delivery of products and services within established timelines. Please note this position is fully in-office with no option to work remotely.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- Investigate, evaluate and implement new developments from technology into operations
- Analyze and interpret data from service and technical reports
- Perform pre and post field inspection of metering sites as they pertain to metering and the electrical distribution equipment
- Stay updated on related industry standards, policies, procedures and regulations (i.e. electrical code
- Supervise activities in the field and assist or lead as required
- Develop weekly and long-term production plans while optimizing field technician manpower through knowledge of capacity, resources, efficiency, and completion times
- Provide recommendations for corrective action due to delays or issues in certain aspects of the plan
- Provide support on development of program cost expenditure and analyze cost/earned ratios
- Generate, track and distribute reports for stakeholders regarding project scheduling activities with bar charts and S-curves
- Ensure that all field documentation and external forms are completed on time and accurately
- Work closely with new services and customer service. (First point of contact for all customer technical and administrative enquiries)
- Close communications with clients on technical and administrative needs. This also includes providing them a resource for educating them with applications and resources which may best suit their needs. (being the subject matter expert regarding metering and energy applications
- Identify client’s needs to ensure they are using the best applications and resources
- Lead, motivate, and develop a team of meter technicians who are focused on distribution and transmission metering
- Foster a collaborative and positive work environment that encourages innovation and growth
- Post-secondary education in a related technical field (e.g., electrical engineering, electrical technician/technologist), or other relevant work experience.
- Background in electrical power distribution, metering, protection and control, communications, or electrical systems
- Mearie trained or experience with transmission and distribution metering
- 3+ years related work experience in a supervisory capacity
- Knowledge of OHSA, EUSA and ESA regulations, Utility Work Protection Code, WHMIS, and other applicable legislation is an asset
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, CRM)
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a team
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to problem solve and provide variable solutions based on customer needs and company objectives
- Resourceful, self-starter who takes initiative to solve problems and meet deadlines
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service and experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Health benefits after probationary period (medical, dental, vision, health care spending, life insurance, LTD, AD&D,)
- 3 weeks vacation from day 1
- RRSP annual contribution top up
- Employee assistance program (24/7 benefits to address problems that are personal or work related i.e. psychological, financial, legal and parental support services)
- Teledoc (24/7 access to Doctors by phone, video or app)
Rodan Energy is strongly committed to diversity and equality of opportunity. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, applicants must confirm that they are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19. If Applicants are not Fully Vaccinated, they will be asked to identify any accommodation needs pursuant to a protected ground under the Code. If no such accommodation is identified, the Applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start your career here to help build a sustainable energy future!
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.