Sygration Market Dashboard Updates
New Enhancements & Features!
As a current subscriber to Rodan’s Sygration Market Dashboard, we are excited to inform you of new platform updates for ICI Participants (IESO Class A Consumers).
We have refined the dashboard and added vital tools to make it simpler to extract the information requested by ICI Participants to evaluate current, past, and future demand conditions. We anticipate that these new changes will make it easier to be successful in capturing Ontario Demand Peaks.
Click on the tabs below to read a full description of each new feature:
Clicking on the widget shows a 7-day outlook window, as below:
- Predispatch/dispatch – Ontario demand (forecasted = blue, actual = black)
- Predispatch/dispatch – Ontario load – an estimation of AQEW, calculated by Sygration
- Predispatch/dispatch – energy price (forecasted = blue, actual = black)
- Ontario Composite Temperature – a weighted average temperature of main load centers in Ontario, exemplifying what the temperature is across Ontario as a whole, and allowing users to weigh how hot or cold the temperatures are across the province (strong driver of Ontario demand)
- Toronto Downtown Temperature – as the largest load center in the province, temperatures in the city have a strong impact on Ontario demand
- Variable Generation (wind and solar) – displays the estimated magnitude of embedded, behind the meter renewables across Ontario (more embedded generation = lower Ontario demand, lower embedded generation = higher Ontario demand)
- Dispatchable Load Scheduled – displays the scheduled bids of Dispatchable Loads in the province (shows the load patterns of some of Ontario’s largest, most sophisticated Class A consumers)
A number of alerts and alarms have also been pre-programmed, displaying messages or highlighting variables when Ontario demand forecasts and other factors affecting demand are above a certain threshold (high chance of a peak), when demand forecasts suddenly change by a large amount, when forecast error is high, and other items to better draw your attention to important trends in the data.
If you have any further questions or concerns, have feedback, or would like us to apply the described dashboard template to your accounts, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.